According to the rules of the award, I have to:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me:
1. I really do know I should post more. Most of the reason I don’t is I struggle with depression and anxiety, and a lot of my time at the moment is taken up with getting my everyday life back on an even keel. It means a great deal to me that people take an interest in my blog, so thankyou to everyone who’s checked in to check me out 🙂
2. It’s my birthday next week 🙂
3. My inner child is possibly one of the greatest driving forces of my existence. My capacity for getting overexcited about anything cool, shiny or related to the performing arts is endless. Last night I got to look at Jupiter through a telescope!
4. I live in a top-floor flat, under a roof which is populated by argumentative squirrels and crows who like to murder frozen sausages on the skylight above my bathroom. I have no idea where they’re getting them from.
5. I’m an enormous fashion and costuming nerd. I watch Strictly Come Dancing partly for the dancing (which along with acting is one of my two great performance loves) and partly for the glorious car-crashes the Beeb’s costume department turn out on a weekly basis. I genuinely do feel sorry for Tess Daly sometimes, and not just because of Brucie’s geriatric manhandling…
6. I have a bee in my bonnet about the extent to which notions of binary gender are embedded in our society, and power everything from homophobic violence to fashion decisions (see point 5). This is probably the only thing about me that gives me anything in common with lesbians.
7. My most recent published fiction is actually a piece of erotica I submitted under a pseudonym several years ago. I only wrote it to take a satirical swipe at Twilight for the lulz – but the response was so good I’m now wondering if I should start a pseudonymous blog…
Well I don’t actually *have* 15 blogs I follow to nominate, but I’ll say a bit about the few I do have!
Dark Cargo is a community blog about speculative fiction and the geeky side of literature and media. It’s where I found the Lies of Locke Lamora readalong that I took part in, and a fantastic source for an hour of eye-opening culture-surfing when you’re bored 🙂
Bookypony lives in Finland and has a passion for reading and learning which reminds me what it’s like to be enthused by the artistic world. I also love her photos of Finland – I fell in love with Finnish as a language a while ago and I’m fascinated by the country it comes from.
Patrick Latter of Canadian Hiking Photography is a blog I discovered when he liked one of my posts, and which I go to whenever I need to feel like I’ve just walked miles to get to the top of a mountain and soak in the breathtaking view. Nature awes me, inspires me and renews me on the soul-deep level, and the sheer love of treading the earth and seeing its beauty that shines through this blog is wonderful. I particularly recommend the post on the West Coast Trail.
rain. repeat. is a Seattle-based music discovery and film review blog. Quirky, hip and deeply culturally literate, I love reading round the entries here to get a feel for what’s happening in the artistic subconscious of my world.
And now, off to spam everyone I’ve nominated!